"Treatment Mechanics Update in the FACE Philosophy"
Medical Degree. University of Chile
Specialist in Orthodontics and Maxillar Orthopedics. University of Chile
Director of the FACE/Roth-Williams Center for Functional Occlusion from latinoamérica
Professor of the FACE/Roth-Williams Center for Functional Occlusion, California (USA)
Private Practice limited to Orthodontics in Santiago de Chile
Author of numerous articles and publications
Speaker at national and international courses and conferences
After 30 years practicing Roth Philosophy and in a constant search for efficiency, consistency and improvement of therapeutic results, our work has undergone a series of innovations ranging from cementation and positioning bracket until the finishing of treatment. Aspects such as modifications of our Treatment Mechanics the bracket prescription and the concepts of Working Prescription and Finishing Prescription are some of the aspects that will be discussed in this presentation.
1. Bracket placement in the FACE Philosophy: an update.
- Variations in different clinical situations and facial patterns.
- FACE modifications.
- The influence of CBCT.
2. Some aspects about Treatment Mechanics.
- Myths and paradigms.
- Tips for an efficient mechanics.
- Closing Mechanics.The reciprocal anchorage and differential anchorage concept.
- Vertical control
3. The FACE Evolution set up: evolution of the Roth appliance.
- The rationale behind the modifications.
- The concept of the working prescription and the finishing prescription.
- Selective torque, tip and rotation.